Swollen Lymph Nodes
Swollen lymph nodes, or lymph glands, are a common symptom in infection and disease. The medical term is Lymphadenopathy. There are various different lymph nodes in the neck, underarm, groin, thigh, and other locations. Depending on the condition, there may be multiple lymph nodes swollen (generalized lymphadenopathy) or only a
... More on Swollen Lymph Nodes »
Causes of swollen lymph nodes depend on whether it is localized lymphadenopathy versus generalized lymphadenopathy (multiple nodes affected).
- Localized lymphadenopathy: one set of lymph nodes.
- generalized lymphadenopathy: multiple groups of lymph nodes (or entire body)
Causes of Swollen Lymph Nodes
Lymph nodes, also known as lymph glands, are pea-sized lumps of tissue found throughout the body. They contain white blood cells that help to fight against infection.
The swelling is caused by a certain type of white blood cell
... More Causes of Swollen Lymph Nodes »
Causes List for Swollen Lymph Nodes
Possible causes of Swollen Lymph Nodes (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- AIDS-related Lymphoma (swollen lymph nodes in the neck)
- AIDS (enlarged lymph glands)
- AL amyloidosis (Lymphadenopathy)
- Abscess (Swollen underarm lymph nodes)
- Activated PI3K-delta syndrome (enlarged lymph nodes)
- Acute febrile mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome (Lymphadenopathy)
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (swollen lymph ...
Similar SymptomsMore Similar Symptoms for Swollen Lymph Nodes »
The type of swollen lymph nodes (lymphadenopathy) depends on how many regions are affected. The basic types are:
- Local lymphadenopathy. Only one set of lymph glands is enlarged.
- Generalized lymphadenopathy. Multiple lymph nodes are enlarged.
Local lymphadenopathy varies greatly depending
... More Types of Swollen Lymph Nodes »
• • •
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ non-hodgkin-lymphoma/ symptoms/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.