Soft stool or “loose stool” is where the stool matter (feces) has a soft consistency. It is often a precursor symptom to diarrhea, but not in all cases.
Most of the causes of soft stool are also causes of diarrhea. Read more about: Diarrhea
Related symptoms include watery stool, stool odor
... More on Soft stool »
Soft stool or loose stool is usually an indication of the same type of disorders that cause diarrhea. Soft stool will often progress to frank diarrhea. Hence, for the causes of soft stool, see also: Causes of Diarrhea.
... More Causes of Soft stool »
Causes List for Soft stool
Possible causes of Soft stool (or similar symptoms) may include:1
- ADA-SCID (diarrhea)
- AIDS wasting syndrome (diarrhoea)
- AIDS-Related Complex (symptom diarrhea)
- AIDS (diarrhea)
- ALG3-CDG syndrome (Diarrhea)
- AL amyloidosis (diarrhoea)
- Abetalipoproteinemia (diarrhea)
- Abrin Poisoning (diarrhea)
- Abscess (diarrhoea)
- Achondroplasia and severe combined immunodeficiency (diarrhea)
- Acquired fructose intolerance (diarrhea)
- Acrodermatitis enteropathica ...
• • •
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.