Rectal bleeding, or hematochezia, may indicate an anorectal disorder or some type of gastrointestinal bleeding. Other symptoms that are almost the same are “blood in stool” and blood in the toilet. Bloody diarrhea is a more specific type of rectal bleed with various causes.
Some common causes of uncomplicated rectal
... More on Rectal Bleeding »
Rectal bleeding or blood in stool can result from anorectal disorders, gastrointestinal bleeding, or from infectious causes of bloody diarrhea. Anorectal Disorders: Some causes of rectal bleeding due to disorders of the rectum or anus include:More Causes of Rectal Bleeding »
Causes of Rectal Bleeding
Bright red blood may be seen only on toilet paper or in the toilet bowl after a bowel movement - not mixed freely with the bowel motion. This type of bleeding is usually caused by haemorrhoids (piles) or anal fissure.
- A ...
Diagnosis of Rectal Bleeding
You may need tests to find the cause of the bleeding. These could include X-rays or endoscopic procedures such as a colonoscopy. A colonoscopy is the passage of a long, flexible tube through the colon, which allows doctors to
... Diagnosis of Rectal Bleeding »
Causes List for Rectal Bleeding
Possible causes of Rectal Bleeding (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- Abuse (Rectal Bleeding)
- Alcohol Abuse (Melena)
- Amebiasis (bloody diarrhea)
- Amebic Dysentery (Rectal Bleeding, bloody diarrhea)
- Amyloidosis (Rectal Bleeding)
- Anal Cancer (bleeding from the anus, rectal bleeding)
- Anal Fissure (Bloody diarrhea, anal bleeding, bleeding from the anus, causing anal bleeding, rectal ...
Treatments for Rectal Bleeding
- thermal therapy, which uses a heat probe, an electric current, or ...
• • •
- Source: New Zealand Health: health.govt.nz/ your-health/ conditions-and-treatments/ diseases-and-illnesses/ bleeding-anus
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.