A prickling sensation or pin-pricks feeling on the skin is usually an abnormal nerve sensation, but may also related to skin itching. Other common names for the pain-like nerve sensations include skin crawling, “pins and needles” or “crawling sensations”. The medical name is “paresthesias”.
The prickling sensation is
... More on Prickling sensations »
Causes List for Prickling sensations
Possible causes of Prickling sensations (or similar symptoms) may include:1
- Autosomal dominant hypocalcemia (prickling)
- Blue ring octopus poisoning (prickling)
- Broken collarbone (pins and needles)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome (pins and needles)
- Cervical Spondylosis (pins and needles)
- Cervical myelopathy (pins and needles)
- Churg-Strauss syndrome (pins and needles)
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome ...
• • •
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.