Abnormal fear of light, or photophobia, is the over-sensitivity to light in the eyes and the avoidance of light. The person will close their eyes or otherwise avoid light.
Some common causes include fever, hangover and migraine. There are also a variety of eye disorders that cause the eyes
... More on Photophobia »
• • •
A number of different eye disorders can cause a person to want to avoid light. The presence of light exacerbates or causes pain or discomfort in the eyes. However, it is often the brain disorders that may be the most
... More Causes of Photophobia »
Causes List for Photophobia
Possible causes of Photophobia (or similar symptoms) may include:3
- Acanthamoeba keratitis (Photophobia, Sensitivity to light)
- Achromatopsia type 2 (increased sensitivity to light, photophobia)
- Achromatopsia type 3 (Photophobia)
- Achromatopsia type 4 (Photophobia)
- Achromatopsia type 5 (photophobia)
- Achromatopsia type 6 (photophobia)
- Achromatopsia type 7 (Photophobia)
- Achromatopsia (increased sensitivity to light, photophobia ...
• • •
- [from HPO]
- Source: GTR (NCBI/NIH): ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ gtr/ conditions/ CN000575/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.