Memory symptoms generally refer to the failure of memory. Mild forms are called forgetfulness or memory loss; more severe types may be blackouts or amnesia. In many cases, the onset of forgetfulness is simply mild age-related memory decline, but there is always the much-feared possibility of Alzheimerís disease
... More on Memory Symptoms »
• • •
Some forgetfulness can be a normal part of aging. However, some people have more memory problems than other people their age. This condition is called mild cognitive impairment, or MCI. People with MCI can take care of themselves and do their normal activities. MCI memory problems may include
- Losing things ...
Causes of Memory Symptoms
Do Memory Problems Always Mean Alzheimer's Disease?
Many people worry about becoming forgetful. They think forgetfulness is the first sign of Alzheimerís disease. But not all people with memory problems have Alzheimerís.
Other causes for memory problems can
... More Causes of Memory Symptoms »
Diagnosis of Memory Symptoms
If youíre concerned about changes in what you can and canít remember, a neurologist or other expert in brain function can test you to find out whether these changes are normal or an early sign of AD. However
... Diagnosis of Memory Symptoms »
Causes List for Memory Symptoms
Possible causes of Memory Symptoms (or similar symptoms) may include:3
- ACTH-secreting pituitary adenoma (memory problems)
- AIDS Neurological Complications (forgetfulness)
- AIDS dementia complex (cause poor memory, memory)
- AIDS (forgetfulness, memory, memory loss, short-term memory loss)
- AL amyloidosis (problems with memory)
- Accidents (Amnesia)
- Aceruloplasminemia (Memory Symptoms, Memory impairment)
- Acute carbon monoxide poisoning ...
Types of memory symptoms where there is a loss of memory include:
Other specific types of forgetfulness include:
- Forgetting names
- Forgetting places
- Forgetting words
Symptoms of the inability to
... More Types of Memory Symptoms »
Clinical Features of Memory Symptoms
What is a serious memory problem? Serious memory problems make everyday things hard to do. You may find it hard to drive, shop, or even talk with a friend. Signs of serious memory problems may include:
- asking the same questions ...
Treatments for Memory Symptoms
Tips for Dealing with Forgetfulness: People with some forgetfulness can use a variety of techniques that may help them stay healthy and deal with changes in their memory and mental skills. Here are some tips:
- Learn a new skill.
- Stay ...
• • •
- Source: NIA (NIH): nia.nih.gov/ health/ do-memory-problems-always-mean-alzheimers-disease
- Source: NIH News in Health (NIH): newsinhealth.nih.gov/ 2006/ January/ docs/ 01features_01.htm
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.