A hemorrhagic rash is a classic sign of dangerous Meningococcal Disease. It is a particular kind of rash where the small blood vessels bleed under the skin. The start of this rash can look like little red spots (called “petechiae”), but as more bleeding under the skin occurs, the rashes
... More on Hemorrhagic Rash »
A hemorrhagic rash is not good news. It’s a medical emergency. Call your doctor immediately or seek emergency medical help. A number of very dangerous medical conditions can cause a hemorrhagic fever, and they can progress quickly. Some of
... More Causes of Hemorrhagic Rash »
Differential Diagnosis of Hemorrhagic Rash
Kaposi's sarcoma: The main symptom of Kaposi's sarcoma is skin lesions. These are small, painless, discoloured patches on the skin or inside the mouth.
...Source: NHS Choices UK1
... Diagnosis of Hemorrhagic Rash »
Causes List for Hemorrhagic Rash
Possible causes of Hemorrhagic Rash (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- ACTH-secreting pituitary adenoma (Purpura)
- AL amyloidosis (Purpura)
- Actinic purpura (Purpura)
- Acute lymphoblastic leukemia (Petechiae, purpura)
- Acute lymphocytic leukemia (Bleeding under the skin)
- Acute myeloid leukemia (Bleeding under the skin, Petechiae)
- Acute promyelocytic leukemia (petechiae)
- Adenosine deaminase 2 deficiency (Purpura) ...
The types of hemorrhagic rash by cause include:More Types of Hemorrhagic Rash »
• • •
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.