The term "heart disease" refers to several types of heart conditions. The most common type of heart disease in the United States is coronary artery disease, which affects the blood flow to the heart. Decreased blood flow can cause a heart attack.
... More on Heart symptoms »
Causes of Heart symptoms
Some of these disorders are the result of the over production of blood vessel cells, while others occur from vascular malformations. Still others result from inflammation of the blood vessels or the build up of a fatty substance called plaque
... More Causes of Heart symptoms »
Diagnosis of Heart symptoms
Some of these—such as cardiac MRI and echocardiography—can take moving pictures of a beating heart to see how well it’s working. Others—such as cardiac CT and a nuclear heart scan—take specialized snapshots to assess heart
... Diagnosis of Heart symptoms »
Causes List for Heart symptoms
Possible causes of Heart symptoms (or similar symptoms) may include:4
- AL amyloidosis (arrhythmia)
- ATTR amyloidosis (heart conditions)
- Aarskog-Scott syndrome (heart defects)
- Abnormal Heart Murmurs (heart problems)
- Acquired cerebral palsy (heart defect)
- Acquired von Willebrand syndrome (heart conditions)
- Acroosteolysis dominant type (heart defects)
- Acroosteolysis (heart defects)
- Acute Disorders (Pulse rhythm ...
Clinical Features of Heart symptoms
People who have abnormal heart murmurs may have signs or symptoms of the heart problems causing the murmurs. These signs and symptoms may include:
- Poor eating and failure to grow normally (in infants)
- Shortness of breath, which may occur only ...
Treatments for Heart symptoms
Your doctor is not the only health care provider that can help you follow the ABCS.
Nurses, pharmacists, community health workers, health coaches, and other providers can work with you and your doctor to help you achieve your health goals
... Treatment for Heart symptoms »
Prevention of Heart symptoms
- Following a heart healthy diet that's low in saturated fat, trans fat, and cholesterol. A healthy diet ...
• • •
- Source: CDC: cdc.gov/ heartdisease/ about.htm
- Source: NCBI, Genes and Disease (NCBI/NIH): ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ books/ NBK22227/
- Source: NIH News in Health (NIH): newsinhealth.nih.gov/ issue/ mar2014/ capsule2
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: CDC DHDSP: cdc.gov/ dhdsp/ data_statistics/ fact_sheets/ fs_aa.htm
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.