Generalized itching or “general pruritus” or “itching all over” has a variety of causes. Acute skin conditions such as allergic dermatitis may indicate a reaction to a substance (e.g. hives, urticaria, contact dermatitis). Almost any type of skin rash may cause itch. Chronic skin disorders such as eczema or
... More on Generalized Itching »
• • •
Back to: « Itching
Generalized Pruritus: Generalized itch may mean widespread itch in various locations, or may even refer to “itching all over”. Skin rash is a common cause of itch, but there are also various systemic disorders that may affect the skin.
... More Causes of Generalized Itching »
Causes List for Generalized Itching
Possible causes of Generalized Itching (or similar symptoms) may include:1
- Anemia (Generalized Itching)
- Biliary Cirrhosis (Generalized Itching)
- Chronic skin disorders (Generalized Itching)
- Cirrhosis of the Liver (generalized itching)
- Decreased kidney function (generalized itching)
- Dermatitis herpetiformis (Generalized Itching)
- Dermatitis (Generalized Itching)
- Diabetes (Generalized Itching)
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (Generalized Itching)
- ESRD (generalized itching) ...
• • •
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.