Dark colored stool may simply be normal variation in stool color, or may indicate a disorder. Dark stool is typically darker brown, red stool, reddish-brown stool, red-purple stool, purple stool, or may be black stool.
Darker stool or reddish stool may be due to blood and indicate blood in stool
... More on Dark stool »
Causes List for Dark stool
Possible causes of Dark stool (or similar symptoms) may include:1
- Alcohol Abuse (Melena)
- Bleeding Disorders (Blood in stool, Melena)
- Blood Dyscrasia (Melena)
- Bowel Disorders (Melena)
- Campylobacteriosis (bloody stools)
- Carcinoma (Melena)
- Cheek fracture (Melena)
- Chronic Granulomatous Disease (bloody stool)
- Chronic granulomatous disease, autosomal recessive cytochrome b-positive, type 1 (bloody stool) ...
• • •
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.