Cyclic breast pain
Causes of Cyclic breast pain
Breast pain is usually linked to periods Symptoms of breast pain caused by periods:
- dull, heavy or aching pain - from mild to very bad
- pain that begins up to 2 weeks before a period, gets worse and then goes away ...
Differential Diagnosis of Cyclic breast pain
Breast pain not linked to periods Sometimes breast pain is caused by:
- injuries or sprains to the neck, shoulder or back - these can also be felt as breast pain
- medicines like the contraceptive pill and some antidepressants - check the side effects ...
Treatments for Cyclic breast pain
Breast pain is usually linked to periods How to ease the pain yourself You can:
- take paracetamol or ibuprofen, or rub painkilling gel on your breasts
- wear a properly fitted bra during the day and a soft bra to sleep ...
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.