A creeping sensation or creeping feeling on the skin is usually an abnormal nerve sensation, but may also refer to skin itching. Other common names include crawling skin, pins-and-needles or a prickling sensation. The medical name is “paresthesias”.
The sensation is likely to include tingling or burning sensations
... More on Creeping sensations »
Specific Causes of Creeping sensations
Post-stroke syndrome: Unusual sensations
After having a subarachnoid haemorrhage, some people experience strange or unusual sensations in their brain.
These can be difficult to describe, but some people have said that they feel "tickly" or like somebody is pouring
... Causes of Creeping sensations »
Causes List for Creeping sensations
Possible causes of Creeping sensations (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- Autosomal dominant hypocalcemia (prickling)
- Blue ring octopus poisoning (prickling)
- CANOMAD syndrome (creeping)
- Enterobiasis (crawling sensation)
- Essential thrombocythemia (prickling)
- Fibromyalgia (prickling)
- Head lice (Crawling sensation)
- Hereditary sensory neuropathy type IA (prickling)
- Lateral meningocele syndrome (Prickling)
- Multiple Sclerosis (prickling)
- Paresthesias (creeping, prickling ...
• • •
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ subarachnoid-haemorrhage/ recovery/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.