A crawling sensation or the feeling of something crawling on the skin is an abnormal nerve sensation. It may also related to skin itching.
The crawling sensation is likely to also involve pain-like symptoms such as tingling or burning sensations, along with some degree of partial numbness. Touching or
... More on Crawling sensations »
Specific Causes of Crawling sensations
Post-stroke syndrome: Unusual sensations
After having a subarachnoid haemorrhage, some people experience strange or unusual sensations in their brain.
These can be difficult to describe, but some people have said that they feel "tickly" or like somebody is pouring
... Causes of Crawling sensations »
Causes List for Crawling sensations
Possible causes of Crawling sensations (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- CANOMAD syndrome (creeping)
- Enterobiasis (crawling sensation)
- Head lice (Crawling sensation)
- Paresthesias (creeping, skin crawling)
- Restless Legs Syndrome (crawling feeling, creeping, creeping sensation, creeping sensations)
- Willis-Ekbom disease (creeping sensation)
• • •
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ subarachnoid-haemorrhage/ recovery/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.