Causes of Chronic cough
Common causes of a chronic cough are upper airway cough syndrome (UACS); asthma; and gastroesophageal (GAS-tro-eh-so-fa-JE-al) reflux disease, or GERD.
...Source: NHLBI (NIH)1
... More Causes of Chronic cough »
• • •
Back to: « Cough
Causes List for Chronic cough
Possible causes of Chronic cough (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- Abnormal Heart Murmurs (Chronic cough)
- Acquired pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (chronic cough)
- Aortic aneurysm, familial thoracic type 4 (chronic cough)
- Aortic aneurysm, familial thoracic type 6 (chronic cough)
- Asthma (Chronic cough, cause chronic coughing)
- Bronchiectasis (chronic cough)
- Cancer-Related Cardiopulmonary Syndromes ...
Clinical Features of Chronic cough
A chronic cough can make you feel tired because you use a lot of energy to cough. It also can prevent you from sleeping well and interfere with work and socializing. A chronic cough also can cause headaches, chest pain
... Clinical Features of Chronic cough »
Treatments for Chronic cough
- Chronic coughing may cause much physical distress.
- It may be possible to treat the cause of chronic coughing.
- Medicines may be used to control chronic coughing.
Source: NCI (NIH)4
... Treatment for Chronic cough »
Similar Topic Articles
• • •
- Source: NHLBI (NIH): nhlbi.nih.gov/ health/ health-topics/ topics/ cough
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: NHLBI (NIH): nhlbi.nih.gov/ health/ health-topics/ topics/ cough/ signs
- Source: NCI (NIH): cancer.gov/ about-cancer/ treatment/ side-effects/ cardiopulmonary-pdq
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.