Involuntary movements characterized by both athetosis (inability to sustain muscles in a fixed position) and chorea (widespread jerky arrhythmic movements).
... More on Choreoathetosis »
Causes of Choreoathetosis
Some of the causes of the condition may include: Causes of Choreoathetosis:
- 17- Beta-Hydroxysteroid Dehydrogenase X Deficiency
- 2,4-Dienoyl-CoA Reductase Deficiency
- 3-Methylglutaconic Aciduria Type 3
- 6-Pyruvoyl-Tetrahydropterin Synthase Deficiency
- Alpers-Huttenlocher Syndrome
- Alternating Hemiplegia Of Childhood 1
- Alternating Hemiplegia Of Childhood 2
- Amish Infantile Epilepsy Syndrome ...
Causes List for Choreoathetosis
Possible causes of Choreoathetosis (or similar symptoms) may include:4
- Adult onset ataxia with oculomotor apraxia (Choreoathetosis)
- Alpers-Huttenlocher syndrome (choreoathetosis)
- Alternating hemiplegia of childhood type 1 (Choreoathetosis)
- Alternating hemiplegia of childhood type 2 (Choreoathetosis)
- Alternating hemiplegia of childhood (choreoathetosis)
- Amish infantile epilepsy syndrome (Choreoathetosis)
- Aromatic l-amino acid decarboxylase deficiency ...
• • •
- [from HPO]
- Source: GTR (NCBI/NIH): ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ gtr/ conditions/ C0085583/
- Source: Human Phenotype Ontology
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.