The feeling of chest tightness may be caused by a heart condition (e.g. heart attack) or a respiratory condition causing breathing difficulty (e.g. asthma attack). A tight chest is also caused by strong emotion such as anxiety, anger or sadness, and may also occur in a panic attack
... More on Chest tightness »
Specific Causes of Chest tightness
Angina: Angina is chest pain that occurs when the blood supply to the muscles of the heart is restricted. It usually happens because the arteries supplying the heart become hardened and narrowed.
The pain and discomfort of angina feels like
... Causes of Chest tightness »
Causes List for Chest tightness
Possible causes of Chest tightness (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- Abrin Poisoning (Chest tightness)
- Acute Bronchitis (chest tightness)
- Adamsite exposure (chest tightness)
- Airborne allergies (Chest tightness)
- Allergic asthma (chest tightness)
- Allergies (Chest tightness)
- Anaphylaxis (chest tightness)
- Angina pectoris (chest tightness)
- Asthma Attack (chest tightness)
- Asthma in children (chest tightness)
- Asthma ...
• • •
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.