Calf muscle cramps
Causes of Calf muscle cramps
- exercise - putting too much strain on muscles
- pregnancy - usually in the later stage
- medication for lowering cholesterol (statins) or high blood pressure (diuretics)
- not drinking enough fluid (dehydration)
- liver disease ...
Causes List for Calf muscle cramps
Possible causes of Calf muscle cramps (or similar symptoms) may include:1
- Claudication (calf muscle cramps)
Treatments for Calf muscle cramps
See a GP if:
Ask for an urgent appointment if you have cramps and:
- they last longer than 10 minutes
- there's a chance you might ...
Prevention of Calf muscle cramps
Preventing cramps Regular calf-stretching exercises might not completely prevent cramps, but may help to reduce them. How to stretch calf muscles
- Stand facing a wall, arm's length away, with your feet flat on the floor.
- Lean forward, pressing your ...
... Prevention of Calf muscle cramps »
• • •
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.