Brittle hair: Fragile, easily breakable hair, i.e., with reduced tensile strength.
Brittle is used to describe hair which is very short because of an abnormality is in the structure of the shaft. Microscopically the ends appear fractured. Affected patients
... More on Brittle hair »
Causes of Brittle hair
Some of the causes of the condition may include: Causes of Brittle Hair:
- Bjornstad Syndrome
- Brain Malformation-Congenital Heart Disease-Postaxial Polydactyly Syndrome
- Cardiofaciocutaneous Syndrome
- Clouston Syndrome
- Crandall Syndrome
- Craniolenticulosutural Dysplasia
- Ectodermal Dysplasia 1, Hypohidrotic, X-Linked
- Ectodermal Dysplasia 4, Hair/Nail Type
- Ectodermal Dysplasia 7, Hair/Nail Type ...
Causes List for Brittle hair
Possible causes of Brittle hair (or similar symptoms) may include:3
- Anorexia Nervosa (Brittle hair)
- Argininosuccinic aciduria (brittle hair)
- Bjornstad syndrome (Brittle hair)
- Brain malformation-congenital heart disease-postaxial polydactyly syndrome (Brittle hair)
- B-Cell Immunodeficiency (Brittle hair)
- Cardiofaciocutaneous syndrome (brittle hair)
- Clouston syndrome (Brittle hair)
- Congenital Disorders (Brittle hair)
- Crandall syndrome ...
• • •
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.