Nipple discharge can be caused by a wide range of conditions, most of which are harmless or easily treated.
Some of the main causes of nipple discharge are described below.
See your GP if you're unsure of the cause of your discharge or you're embarrassed or worried, especially
... More on Breast discharge »
Causes of Breast discharge
Non-pregnancy causes: If pregnancy has been ruled out, it's likely that your nipple discharge is caused by one of the following conditions:
- duct papilloma - a harmless growth inside your breast duct (the tube that carries milk from the gland ...
Diagnosis of Breast discharge
See a GP if you notice:
- a lump in your breast or armpit
- any other unusual changes in your breasts - such as the nipple turning inwards, dimpled skin or bloodstained nipple discharge
Causes List for Breast discharge
Possible causes of Breast discharge (or similar symptoms) may include:3
- Acromegaly (breast discharge)
- Benign Tumors (Nipple discharge)
- Benign breast disease (Nipple discharge)
- Benign breast tumors (Nipple discharge)
- Blocked milk ducts (Nipple discharge)
- Breast Cancer (nipple discharge)
- Breast Disorders (Nipple discharge, breast discharge)
- Breast Sarcoma (Nipple discharge)
- Breast abscess (Nipple discharge) ...
• • •
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ nipple-discharge/
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ Breast-lump/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.