Your colon, also known as the large intestine, is part of your digestive system. It's a long, hollow tube at the end of your digestive tract where your body makes and stores stool. Many disorders affect the colon's ability to work properly. Some of these includeMore on Bowel Symptoms »
Specific Causes of Bowel Symptoms
Colon cancer: Its first symptoms may be a change in bowel habits - either diarrhoea or constipation, sometimes with blood or mucus (slime).
...Source: New Zealand Health1
... Causes of Bowel Symptoms »
Causes List for Bowel Symptoms
Possible causes of Bowel Symptoms (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- Aganglionosis (bowel infection)
- Amebic Dysentery (bowel infection)
- Anorexia Nervosa (bowel problems)
- Autoimmune uveitis (bowel diseases)
- Bardet-Biedl syndrome (Bowel disease)
- Bowel Disorders (bowel infection)
- Bulimia (bowel problems)
- Cauda Equina Syndrome (bowel dysfunction)
- Cervical Cancer (bowel symptoms)
- Closed neural tube defect ...
Clinical Features of Bowel Symptoms
If your child develops a bowel infection (enterocolitis), they may also have a high temperature (fever) and watery, foul-smelling diarrhoea.
...Source: NHS Choices UK3
... Clinical Features of Bowel Symptoms »
• • •
- Source: New Zealand Health: health.govt.nz/ your-health/ conditions-and-treatments/ diseases-and-illnesses/ constipation
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ hirschsprungs-disease/
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.