Body image problems
Body image is about how you see yourself—your perceptions and feelings about your own body. This may include your height, shape, or weight.
If you have a healthy body image you feel comfortable in your own skin, are happy most of the time with the way you look, and
... More on Body image problems »
Causes of Body image problems
Potential causes of unhealthy body image:
- being pressured to measure up to certain social and cultural ideals of what is attractive
- being pressured to look slim or athletic
- comparing yourself to celebrities and media personalities
- listening to negative comments from ...
Causes List for Body image problems
Possible causes of Body image problems (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- Congenital lymphatic malformations (cause body image problems)
- Congenital venous malformations (cause body image problems)
- Muscle dysmorphia (relieve body image problems)
Treatments for Body image problems
Tips for a healthy body image:
- remember that health and appearance are different things
- keep a list of your positive qualities that have nothing to do with your appearance
- surround yourself with people who are supportive and who make you ...
• • •
- Source: Queensland Government: qld.gov.au/ health/ staying-healthy/ diet-nutrition/ body-image
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.