Bloody diarrhea may occur from a number of gastrointestinal infections that cause diarrhea that is severe enough to also cause internal digestive bleeding.
Diarrhea and rectal bleeding can also occur together. For example, any diarrheal disorder often causes rectal straining (rectal tenesmus), which can cause or exacerbate an anorectal condition
... More on Bloody diarrhea »
- Food Poisoning (staphylococcus)
- Salmonella infection (Salmonella gastroenteritis; Salmonellosis)
- Shigella infection (Shigella gastroenteritis; Shigellosis) ...
Causes List for Bloody diarrhea
Possible causes of Bloody diarrhea (or similar symptoms) may include:1
- Amebiasis (bloody diarrhea)
- Amebic Dysentery (bloody diarrhea)
- Anal Fissure (Bloody diarrhea)
- Anorectal Disorders (Bloody diarrhea)
- Anthrax (bloody diarrhea)
- Bacillary dysentery (Bloody diarrhea, bloody diarrhoea)
- Bacterial gastroenteritis (Bloody diarrhea)
- Balantidiasis (causing bloody diarrhea)
- Campylobacter jejuni gastroenteritis (Bloody diarrhea)
- Campylobacter jejuni (Bloody ...
• • •
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.