A blackhead is a type of pimple that may occur with acne, usually in teenagers with puberty. It has the appearance of a small amount of dark material at the top, hence the name “blackhead”. Another common type of pimple is a “whitehead”. The causes of blackheads and whiteheads are
... More on Blackheads »
Differential Diagnosis of Blackheads
Rosacea: These spots appear on your face and are similar to acne. Rosacea used to be called acne rosacea, but the two conditions are quite different.
In rosacea there are no blackheads and the skin is not greasy, but dry
... Diagnosis of Blackheads »
Causes List for Blackheads
Possible causes of Blackheads (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- ACTH-dependent Cushing syndrome (Acne)
- ACTH-independent Cushing syndrome (Acne)
- ACTH-secreting pituitary adenoma (Acne)
- Acne (Acne lesions, Pimples form, blackhead, blackheads, pimples, serious acne lesions, troublesome acne lesions, types of pimples, whitehead, whiteheads, zits)
- Acrocephalosyndactyly type I (Acne)
- Acromegaly ...
Treatments for Blackheads
If you just have a few blackheads, whiteheads and spots, you should be able to treat them successfully with over-the-counter gels or creams (topical treatments) that contain benzoyl peroxide.
...Source: NHS Choices UK3
... Treatment for Blackheads »
• • •
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ rosacea/ symptoms/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ acne/ treatment/
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.