Beaded ribs: The presence of a row of beadlike prominences at the junction of a rib and its cartilage.
Beaded ribs, sometimes referred to as rachitic rosary, were often seen in rachitic children.
... More on Beaded ribs »
Causes of Beaded ribs
Some of the causes of the condition may include: Causes of Beaded Ribs:
- Achondrogenesis, Type IA
- Osteochondrodysplasia, Complex Lethal, Symoens-Barnes-Gistelinck Type
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta, Type IIA
- Osteogenesis Imperfecta, Type XVI
Causes List for Beaded ribs
Possible causes of Beaded ribs (or similar symptoms) may include:3
- Achondrogenesis type 1A (Beaded ribs)
- Achondrogenesis, type IA (Beaded ribs)
- Achondrogenesis (Beaded ribs)
- Brittle Bone Disorders (Beaded ribs)
- Hypophosphatasia (Beaded ribs)
- Hypophosphatemic rickets and hyperparathyroidism (Beaded ribs)
- Infantile hypophosphatasia (Beaded ribs)
- Nephropathic cystinosis (Beaded ribs)
- Osteochondrodysplasia, Complex Lethal, Symoens-Barnes-Gistelinck Type ...
• • •
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.