A barrel chest is a particular shape of the chest region. The chest is more round than usual and is abnormal. The cause is usually a chronic respiratory disorder such as asthma, CF, or COPD.
... More on Barrel Chest »
• • •
Causes of barrel chest symptoms include:More Causes of Barrel Chest »
Causes List for Barrel Chest
Possible causes of Barrel Chest (or similar symptoms) may include:3
- Achondrogenesis type 1A (Barrel-shaped chest)
- Achondrogenesis type 2 (Barrel-shaped chest)
- Achondrogenesis, type IA (Barrel-shaped chest)
- Achondrogenesis, type II (Barrel-shaped chest)
- Achondrogenesis (Barrel Chest, Barrel-shaped chest)
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency (barrel-shaped chest)
- Aortic aneurysm, familial thoracic type 4 ...
The signs of a barrel chest are sometimes overlooked. Patients may blame old age or other issues rather than the symptoms of COPD. Some disorders that are sometimes misdiagnosed as a barrel chest includes:
- Senile kyphosis (thoracic spinal region)
- Chronic respiratory diseases ...
• • •
- [from HPO]
- Source: GTR (NCBI/NIH): ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/ gtr/ conditions/ CN001416/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.