Back arching is a type of body spasm that has various causes. Severe back arching at full extension in a full body spasm is called Opisthotonos. It is a serious symptom and has various causes including Meningitis and brain injury.
The appearance of a permanently arched back occurs in Lordosis
... More on Back Arching »
Back Arch Spasm (Opisthotonos): The various causes of Opisthotonos include:
- Epilepsy (spinal muscle seizures)
- Strychnine poisoning
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain injury
- Maple syrup urine disease
- Stiff Man Syndrome
- Brainstem disorder
- Psychogenic disorder
- Lithium toxicity
- Phenothiazine toxicity
- Medication side-effect ...
Causes List for Back Arching
Possible causes of Back Arching (or similar symptoms) may include:1
- ALG11-CDG syndrome (Opisthotonus)
- Acid phosphatase deficiency (Opisthotonus)
- Adenylosuccinase deficiency (Opisthotonus)
- Adenylosuccinate lyase deficiency (Opisthotonus)
- Brain injury (Back Arching, Opisthotonos)
- Canavan Disease (Opisthotonus)
- Cerebral Palsy (Back Arching, Opisthotonos)
- Chiari malformation type 2 (Opisthotonus)
- Cold-induced sweating syndrome type 1 (Opisthotonus) ...
• • •
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.