Avoidance as a medical symptom has a variety of causes. Social avoidance is a behavioral symptom of various anxiety disorders and other psychological disorders. Physical avoidance of some stimulus or action also occurs in photophobia (avoiding light), noise intolerance, heat intolerance, and so on.
... More on Avoidance »
Non-psychological disorder causes of avoidant behaviors include:
- Normal Variation (Eccentricity). Some people are eccentric or otherwise act in unsocial ways, but are not necessarily out of the range of normality nor suffering any defined disorder.
- Normal teenager. If your ...
Causes List for Avoidance
Possible causes of Avoidance (or similar symptoms) may include:1
- Acute Stress Disorder (avoidance)
- Agoraphobia (avoidance)
- Anxiety Disorders (Avoidance)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (avoidance)
- Avoidant personality disorder (avoidance)
- Balanitis (avoidance)
- Barberís Rash (avoidance)
- Body dysmorphic disorder (Avoidance)
- Carnitine palmitoyltransferase 2 deficiency (avoidance)
- Depression (Avoidance)
- Depressive Disorders (Avoidance)
- Diabetes (avoidance) ...
Types of symptoms related to psychological avoidant behaviors include:
- Social anxiety
- Depressive symptoms
Types of physical avoidance symptoms include:
- Light avoidance (photophobia)
- Noise avoidance (noise intolerance)
- Heat intolerance (heat avoidance)
- Cold intolerance ...
• • •
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.