Pitted or sunken scars
Some scars caused by skin conditions, such as acne and chickenpox, can have a sunken or pitted appearance.
Pitted scars, also known as atrophic or "ice-pick" scars, can also occur as a result of an injury that causes a loss of underlying fat.
...Source: NHS Choices UK
... More on Atrophic scars »
Causes of Atrophic scars
Some of the causes of the condition may include: Causes of Atrophic Scars:
- Acral Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Centripetalis Recessive Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Dystrophic Epidermolysis Bullosa Pruriginosa
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Autosomal Recessive, Cardiac Valvular Form
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Kyphoscoliotic And Deafness Type
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Periodontitis Type
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome ...
Causes List for Atrophic scars
Possible causes of Atrophic scars (or similar symptoms) may include:3
- Autosomal dominant inheritance (Atrophic scars)
- Cigarette-paper scars (atrophic scars)
- Deafness (Atrophic scars)
- Dominant dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa (Atrophic scars)
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Progeroid Form (Atrophic scars)
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Type I (Atrophic scars)
- Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome (atrophic scars)
- Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, arthrochalasia type ...
• • •
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ Scars/
- Source: Human Phenotype Ontology
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.