Anal pain (proctalgia)
Anal pain (pain in the bottom) can be distressing, but is often just the result of a minor, treatable condition.
The medical name for pain in and around the anus or rectum (back passage) is proctalgia.
...Source: NHS Choices UK1
... More on Anal Pain »
Causes of Anal Pain
Less common causes of anal pain Less common causes of anal pain include:
- proctalgia fugax - a condition that causes episodes of sudden, severe anal pain that last for a few minutes at a time; medication that relaxes the muscles in ...
Diagnosis of Anal Pain
When to get medical advice: Many common causes of anal pain will improve with simple self-care treatments, so you don't always need to see your GP. But it's a good idea to see your GP if:
- your pain is ...
Causes List for Anal Pain
Possible causes of Anal Pain (or similar symptoms) may include:2
- Anal Canal Adenocarcinoma (anal pain)
- Anal Cancer (anal pain)
- Anal Fissure (Rectal Pain, anal pain)
- Anal abscess (Rectal Pain)
- Anal ulcers (Rectal Pain)
- Anorectal Disorders (Rectal Pain)
- Anorectal fistula (Rectal Pain)
- Anorectal injury (Rectal Pain)
- Appendicitis (Rectal Pain)
- Benign Prostatic Hypertrophy ...
• • •
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.