Wounds are injuries that break the skin or other body tissues. They include cuts, scrapes, scratches, and punctured skin. They often happen because of an accident, but surgery, sutures, and stitches also cause wounds. Minor wounds usually aren't serious, but
... More on Wounds »
Causes List for Wounds
Some possible causes of Wounds or similar disorders may include:2
- Animal Bites (wound)
- Bedsores (wound)
- Bethlem myopathy (wounds)
- Bites (wound)
- Bleeding Disorders (wound, wounds)
- Botulism (wound, wounds)
- Broken finger (wound)
- Burns (Wounds, wound)
- Celiac Disease ...
Types of Wounds
Types may include:3
- Types of Wounds:
- Fracture Healing
Diagnosis of Wounds
When to get medical advice: Contact your GP or visit your nearest minor injuries unit if you're concerned about a wound, particularly if:
- it's a deep wound
- there's dirt or something inside the wound
- you haven't been fully vaccinated ...
Cuts, grazes and puncture wounds
If you have a wound that won’t stop bleeding, see your doctor or go to the emergency department.
If you have very serious bleeding including spurting blood, or you feel faint or light headed
... More Treatment Information for Wounds »
• • •
- Source: MedLinePlus (NIH): medlineplus.gov/ woundsandinjuries.html
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: MeSH (U.S. National Library of Medicine)
- Source: New Zealand Health: health.govt.nz/ your-health/ conditions-and-treatments/ accidents-and-injuries/ cuts-grazes-and-puncture-wounds
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.