Sunburn and Skin Cancer:
Almost everyone has stayed in the sun too long and been burned. Too much sunlight can also produce the most common type of cancer—skin cancer. Some skin cancers are easy to treat because they do
... More on Sunburn »
Symptoms of Sunburn
Signs of severe sunburn can include:
- blistering or swelling of the skin
- a high temperature (fever) of 38C (100.4F) or above
- dizziness, headaches and feeling sick - symptoms of heat exhaustion
Complications of Sunburn
Sunburn is usually mild and short-lived, but it's important to try to avoid it because it can increase your risk of developing skin problems in later life, such as ageing (wrinkling) and skin cancer.
...Source: NHS Choices UK3
... More on Complications of Sunburn »
Causes List for Sunburn
Some possible causes of Sunburn or similar disorders may include:4
- Ehrlichiosis (sunburn)
- Kratom Drug Abuse (sunburn)
- Polycythemia Vera (sunburn)
- Polycythemia (sunburn)
- Rosacea (sunburn)
- Scarlet fever (sunburn)
- Scombroid (sunburn)
- Spinal cord injury (sunburn)
- Sun Exposure (Sunburn) ...
Risk Factors for Sunburn
Who's at risk of sunburn? Everyone who's exposed to UV light is at risk of getting sunburn, but some people are more vulnerable than others. You should take extra care when out in the sun if you:
- have pale or ...
Sunburn: In cases of sunburn, follow the advice below:
- If you notice any signs of sunburn, such as hot, red and painful skin, move into the shade or preferably inside.
- Take a cool bath or shower to cool down the ...
Prevention of Sunburn
How can people protect their skin from the sun?
People can protect their skin from the sun by following the tips on NCI's How to Protect Your Skin from Sunlight page. The best way to prevent melanoma is to limit
... Prevention of Sunburn »
• • •
- Source: NIEHS (NIH): niehs.nih.gov/ health/ assets/ docs_a_e/ environmental_diseases_environmental_diseases_from_a_to_z_english_508.pdf
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ Sunburn/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: NCI (NIH): cancer.gov/ types/ skin/ moles-fact-sheet
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.