Secondhand smoke is a mixture of the smoke that comes from the burning end of a cigarette, cigar, or pipe, and the smoke breathed out by the smoker. It contains more than 7,000 chemicals. Hundreds of those chemicals are
... More on Secondary smoke »
Complications of Secondary smoke
- More severe asthma attacks
- Respiratory infections
- Ear infections
- Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS)
... More on Complications of Secondary smoke »
Causes List for Secondary smoke
Some possible causes of Secondary smoke or similar disorders may include:3
- Nicotine (secondhand smoke)
- Smoking-related Disorders (Secondhand Smoke Risks, secondhand smoke, secondhand smoke exposure)
- Smoking (Secondhand Smoke Risks, secondhand smoke, secondhand smoke exposure)
- Tobacco Use ...
Prevention of Secondary smoke
You can reduce your baby's exposure to cigarette smoke by:
- keeping the car and home smoke-free zones;
- designating outside smoking areas away from open windows and doors;
- smoking after feeding baby, not before;
- change your and your baby's clothing ...
Research for Secondary smoke
Even if you donít smoke, a new study shows, secondhand smoke affects your brain much as it does a smokerís. Itís one more reason to steer clear of secondhand smoke in cars and other enclosed spaces.
... More on Research for Secondary smoke »
See also the following treatment articles:
Similar Topic Articles
• • •
- Source: MedLinePlus (NIH): medlineplus.gov/ secondhandsmoke.html
- Source: Healthy People (DHHS): healthypeople.gov/ 2020/ topics-objectives/ topic/ tobacco-use
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: NIH News in Health (NIH): newsinhealth.nih.gov/ issue/ jun2011/ capsule1
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.