A parasite is an organism that lives on or in a host and gets its food from or at the expense of its host. Parasites can cause disease in humans. Some parasitic diseases are easily treated and some are not
... More on Parasites »
Causes List for Parasites
Some possible causes of Parasites or similar disorders may include:2
- Cercarial dermatitis (parasites)
- Chagas Disease (parasites)
- Cutaneous Leishmaniasis (parasites)
- Eosinophilic meningitis (parasites)
- Filariasis (parasitic disease)
- Food poisoning (parasites)
- Gastroenteritis (parasites)
- IRAK-4 deficiency (parasites)
- Lymphatic filariasis ...
Types of Parasites
- Acanthamoeba keratitis
- Cercarial Dermatitis
- Chagas disease - Not a rare disease
- Congenital toxoplasmosis - Not a rare disease
- Creeping myiasis
- Cutaneous larva migrans
- Furunculous myiasis
- Gnathostoma Infection ...
Diagnosis of Parasites
How are parasitic diseases diagnosed?
Many kinds of lab tests are available to diagnose parasitic diseases. The kind of test(s) your health care provider will order will be based on your signs and symptoms, any other medical conditions you
... More on Diagnosis of Parasites »
• • •
- Source: CDC Parasites: cdc.gov/ parasites/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: CDC Parasites: cdc.gov/ parasites/ references_resources/ diagnosis.html
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.