pneumonia: Inflammation of the lungs as a response to infection by bacteria or viruses. The air sacs become flooded with fluid, and inflammatory cells and affected areas of the lung become solid. Pneumonia is often quite rapid in onset and
... More on Lung infection »
Symptoms of Lung infection
Pneumonia is often quite rapid in onset and marked by a high fever, headache, cough, chest pain and shortness of breath.
...Source: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare2
... More Symptoms of Lung infection »
Specific Causes of Lung infection
Sjögren's syndrome: Sometimes Sjögren's syndrome can affect the lungs and cause problems such as:
- lung infections
Causes List for Lung infection
Some possible causes of Lung infection or similar disorders may include:4
- Adenosine deaminase deficiency (lung infections)
- Asbestos-Related Lung Diseases (lung infections)
- Aspergillosis (lung infections)
- Asthma (lung infections)
- Atrial Septal Defect (lung infections)
- Axial spondylometaphyseal dysplasia ...
Diagnosis of Lung infection
You should see your GP for advice if you develop a persistent cough, so they can look for a possible cause.
Your GP will ask you about your symptoms, such as how often you cough, whether you bring up
... More on Diagnosis of Lung infection »
See also the following treatment articles:
See also causal information:
Similar Topic Articles
• • •
- Source: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare: aihw.gov.au/ reports-statistics/ health-welfare-overview/ australias-health/ glossary
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ sjogrens-syndrome/ complications/
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: NHS Choices UK: nhs.uk/ conditions/ bronchiectasis/ causes/
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.