Learning disorders affect how a person understands, remembers and responds to new information. People with learning disorders may have problems
- Listening or paying attention
- Reading or writing
- Doing math
Although learning disorders occur in very young children, they are
... More on Learning Disorders »
Specific Causes of Learning Disorders
Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder: FASD is considered internationally to be the leading preventable cause of intellectual and developmental problems
...Source: New Zealand Health2
... Causes of Learning Disorders »
Causes List for Learning Disorders
Some possible causes of Learning Disorders or similar disorders may include:3
- Absence of septum pellucidum (learning disabilities)
- Acrodysostosis with multiple hormone resistance (Specific learning disability)
- Acromegaloid facial appearance syndrome (Specific learning disability)
- Adrenoleukodystrophy (learning disabilities)
- Alagille syndrome type 1 ...
Types of Learning Disorders
Some types of this condition may include:4 Types of Learning Disorders:More Types of Learning Disorders »
Diagnosis of Learning Disorders
Diagnosing Learning Disabilities: A full evaluation for a learning disability includes:
- A medical examination, including a neurological exam, to identify or rule out other possible causes of the child's difficulties, such as emotional disorders, intellectual and developmental disabilities, and brain diseases ...
Misdiagnosis: Learning Disorders
Misdiagnosed Learning Disorders: There are various different types of learning disorders to consider:
- Attention Disorders
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Auditory Processing Disorder
- Speech Disorders
- Autism-Spectrum Disorders
- Asperger Syndrome
- Bullying or Abuse/Neglect
- Epilepsy. Some ...
Treatments: Learning Disorders
What Are the Treatments for Learning Disabilities?
People with learning disabilities and disorders can learn strategies for coping with their disabilities. Getting help earlier increases the likelihood for success in school and later in life. If learning disabilities remain untreated
... More Treatment Information for Learning Disorders »
Research for Learning Disorders
What Research Is Being Done?
The Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development and other institutes of the National Institutes of Health support dyslexia research through grants to major research institutions across the country. Current research
... More on Research for Learning Disorders »
• • •
- Source: MedLinePlus (NIH): medlineplus.gov/ learningdisorders.html
- Source: New Zealand Health: health.govt.nz/ your-health/ conditions-and-treatments/ disabilities/ fetal-alcohol-spectrum-disorder-fasd
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: NCI Thesaurus
- Source: MedLinePlus Magazine (NIH): medlineplus.gov/ magazine/ issues/ winter16/ articles/ winter16pg18-19.html
- Source: MedLinePlus Magazine (NIH): medlineplus.gov/ magazine/ issues/ winter16/ articles/ winter16pg21.html
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.