Infectious Diarrhea refers to a variety of different infectious causes of a diarrheal illness. The most common is a viral infection of the digestive system which causes viral gastroenteritis. Many other types and causes of diarrhea may have a contagious nature, whereby they can be caught by others. One typical
... More on Infectious Diarrhea »
• • •
Back to: « Diarrhea
Causes List for Infectious Diarrhea
Some possible causes of Infectious Diarrhea or similar disorders may include:1
- Clostridium difficile (infectious diarrhoea)
Treatments: Infectious Diarrhea
- Ensure the case is excluded.
- Do encourage staff and children to practice good hand hygiene at all times.
- Notify your local Health Protection Team if there are more cases than normally expected.
... More Treatment Information for Infectious Diarrhea »
Prevention of Infectious Diarrhea
This helps prevent the spread of viruses and bacteria that can cause diarrhoea. Always wash your hands thoroughly after using the toilet and changing nappies, and before meals.
Following some simple rules can reduce the bacteria
... Prevention of Infectious Diarrhea »
See also related disorder symptom information:
See also related information on diagnosis:
See also causal information:
• • •
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: GOV.UK: gov.uk/ government/ publications/ health-protection-in-schools-and-other-childcare-facilities/ chapter-9-managing-specific-infectious-diseases
- Source: New Zealand Health: health.govt.nz/ your-health/ conditions-and-treatments/ diseases-and-illnesses/ diarrhoea
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.