Hives (See also Urticaria). A raised and red skin reaction caused by a local or systemic exposure to a substance that is typically triggered by local mast cell activation.
...Source: RDCRN (NCATS/NIH)1
... More on Hives »
Causes of Hives
Skin reactions can be caused by contact with an allergen (like latex or certain metals), by insect bites or stings, or by eating food or taking medicine you are allergic to.
...Source: New Zealand Health2
... More Causes of Hives »
Causes List for Hives
Some possible causes of Hives or similar disorders may include:3
- Acquired angioedema (Urticaria)
- Acrofacial Dysostosis type 1, Nager Type (Urticaria)
- Adder snake bite (hives)
- Adult-onset Still's disease (Urticaria)
- Allergies (hives)
- Anaphylactic Shock (hives)
- Anaphylaxis ...
• • •
- Source: RDCRN (NCATS/NIH): rarediseasesnetwork.org/ cms/ cegir/ Learn-More/ Glossary
- Source: New Zealand Health: health.govt.nz/ your-health/ conditions-and-treatments/ diseases-and-illnesses/ allergies
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.