Symptoms of Febrile Convulsions
If your child has a convulsion (fit)
Sometimes a fever can lead to a convulsion (also called a "fití or "febrile convulsioní).
The fit may occur without warning. Your child may jerk or twitch and become stiff or floppy. They
... More Symptoms of Febrile Convulsions »
Causes List for Febrile Convulsions
Some possible causes of Febrile Convulsions or similar disorders may include:2
- Flu (Febrile convulsions)
- Glycine N-methyltransferase deficiency (febrile convulsions)
- Influenza (Febrile convulsions)
Treatments: Febrile Convulsions
If this happens, follow these steps.
- Lie your child on their side.
- Make sure they donít breathe in any vomit.
- If the fit doesnít stop within five minutes, call 111.
- Take your child to your doctor or Emergency ...
See also related information on diagnosis:
See also causal information:
Similar Topic Articles
• • •
- Source: New Zealand Health: health.govt.nz/ your-health/ conditions-and-treatments/ diseases-and-illnesses/ fever/ fever-children
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.