communicable diseases (infectious diseases): Diseases or illnesses due to infectious organisms or their toxic products. Communication may occur directly or indirectly through contact with other humans, animals or other environments that harbour the organism.
...Source: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare
... More on Communicable Diseases »
Types of Communicable Diseases
- Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome (AIDS)
- Acute gastroenteritis (and toxin-related illnesses)
- Arboviral diseases
- Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease and other spongiform encephalopathies
- Cronobacter species invasive disease
- Haemophilus influenzae type b invasive disease (Hib)
- Hepatitis A ...
See also related disorder symptom information:
See also causal information:
Similar Topic Articles
• • •
- Source: Australian Institute of Health and Welfare: aihw.gov.au/ reports-statistics/ health-welfare-overview/ australias-health/ glossary
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.