ACTH-producing pituitary tumor
Symptoms of ACTH-producing pituitary tumor
Too much ACTH may cause:
- Some loss of vision.
- Weight gain in the face, neck, and trunk of the body, and thin arms and legs.
- A lump of fat on the back of the neck.
- Thin skin that may ...
Treatments: ACTH-producing pituitary tumor
ACTH-Producing Pituitary Tumors: Treatment may include the following:
- Surgery (usually transsphenoidal surgery) to remove the tumor, with or without radiation therapy.
- Radiation therapy alone.
- Drug therapy to stop the tumor from making ACTH.
- A clinical trial of stereotactic radiation ...
See also related information on diagnosis:
See also causal information:
See also genetics of related diseases:
Similar Topic Articles
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.