What abrin is
- Abrin is a natural poison that is found in the seeds of a plant called the rosary pea or jequirity pea. These seeds are red with a black spot covering one end.
- Abrin is similar to ricin ...
Symptoms of Abrin Poisoning
Signs and symptoms of abrin exposure
- The major signs and symptoms of abrin poisoning depend on how someone was exposed (route of exposure) how much they were exposed to (dose). Severe cases may affect many organs.
- Initial signs and symptoms ...
Causes of Abrin Poisoning
Where abrin is found and how it is used
- Abrin is not known to have been used in any wars or terrorist attacks.
- The rosary pea, which is the source of abrin, is common to many tropical areas throughout the ...
Causes List for Abrin Poisoning
Some possible causes of Abrin Poisoning or similar disorders may include:1
- Ricin Poisoning (abrin exposure)
Diagnosis of Abrin Poisoning
How you can know whether you have been exposed to abrin
- If there is a suspicion that people have inhaled abrin, a potential clue would be that a large number of people who had been close to each other suddenly ...
Treatments: Abrin Poisoning
How abrin poisoning is treated
Because no antidote exists for abrin, the most important factor is avoiding abrin exposure in the first place. If exposure cannot be avoided, the most important factor is getting the abrin off or out of
... More Treatment Information for Abrin Poisoning »
• • •
- Source: Algorithmically Generated List
- Source: CDC Emergency: emergency.cdc.gov/ agent/ abrin/ basics/ facts.asp
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.