Familial Turner syndrome
Familial: A disorder that tends to run in families. May be genetic (fully inherited) or polygenic (partially infected; genetic risk factors).
Turner syndrome: See main article: Turner syndrome
• • •
Familial Turner syndrome: See Noonan syndrome
Related Diseases and Conditions
Read more information about these diseases and medical conditions related to Familial Turner syndrome:
Read more about these related conditions and diseases:
- Polygenic disorders: What are complex or multifactorial disorders?
Researchers are learning that nearly all conditions and diseases have a genetic component. Some disorders, such as sickle cell disease and cystic fibrosis, are2
... More on Polygenic disorders »
- Turner Syndrome: Turner Syndrome, or XO syndrome, is a genetic chromosome disorder that results in infertility in women. Affected woman have a single X chromosome at birth, rather than the normal female
... More on Turner Syndrome »
- Noonan syndrome: Noonan syndrome is a condition that affects many areas of the body. It is characterized by mildly unusual facial features, short stature, heart defects, bleeding problems, skeletal malformations, and many3
... More on Noonan syndrome »
• • •
- Source: Genetics Home Reference (GHR), National Library of Medicine (NLM), NIH
- Source: GHR (NLM/NIH): ghr.nlm.nih.gov/ primer/ mutationsanddisorders/ complexdisorders
- Source: GHR (NLM/NIH): ghr.nlm.nih.gov/ condition/ noonan-syndrome
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.