Abdominal hernia: See main article: Abdominal hernia
Abdominal: Relating to the abdomen, which is the stomach and other internal organs.
Hernia: See main article: Hernia
• • •
Abdominal hernia: See abdominal wall defect
Related Diseases and Conditions
Read more information about these diseases and medical conditions related to Abdominal hernia:
Read more about these related conditions and diseases:
- Abdominal hernia: A hernia is the protrusion of organs, such as intestines, through a weakened section of the abdominal wall. If left untreated, the split in the muscle widens and greater amounts2
... More on Abdominal hernia »
- Hernia: A hernia happens when part of an internal organ or tissue bulges through a weak area of muscle. Most hernias are in the abdomen.
There are several types of hernias3
... More on Hernia »
- Abdominal wall defect: An abdominal wall defect is an opening in the abdomen through which various abdominal organs can protrude. This opening varies in size and can usually be diagnosed early in fetal4
... More on Abdominal wall defect »
• • •
- Source: Genetics Home Reference (GHR), National Library of Medicine (NLM), NIH
- Source: Queensland Health: conditions.health.qld.gov.au/ HealthCondition/ condition/ 9/ 115/ 367/ hernia
- Source: MedLinePlus (NIH): medlineplus.gov/ hernia.html
- Source: GHR (NLM/NIH): ghr.nlm.nih.gov/ condition/ abdominal-wall-defect
• • •
Note: This site is for informational purposes only and is not medical advice. See your doctor or other qualified medical professional for all your medical needs.